- Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi -

*(I show not your face but your heart's desire)*

Friday, March 6, 2009

International Year of Astronomy 2009 (IYA 2009)

The year 2009 marks the 4ooth anniversary of the first use of an astronomical telescope by Galileo Galilei and also the publication of Johannes Kepler 'Astronomia nova'. UNESCO has endorsed the IYA2009 and the United Nations alongside the International Astronomical Union (IAU) proclaimed the year 2009 as the International Year of Astronomy.

In conjunction of IYA2009, the Space Physics Laboratory University of Malaya will conduct a public observation on 8 March 2009 at UM Stellar Observatory. The main objective is to observe the opposition on Saturn that will occur during the whole night. For more information, click here. *Again I'm linking to my friend's blog since what I'm gonna say is more or less the same*

All are invited. The observation will be held from 7 pm till 12 midnight. Any enquiries feel free to contact me.

 

 

 

p.s: I know... last minute announcement... but waddaheck... blog aku.. aku nye suke la... haha~

No comments: